Youtube content creators can heave a sigh of relief.
Video sharing site YouTube on May 23, 2014 announced a big set of new changes that will enable its content creators a hassle free functioning in more ways than one.
Here’s an overview of all the new features that are being touted as game changers for youtube content creators across the world.
- A new separate app for managing channels.
- A medium for fans to pay creators directly.
- Crowdsourced captions and subtitles promising to cover over 60 languages.
- An all new comment management system (with blacklists, filters and other rules is underway.
- A creator academy which helps content creators to navigate and create content more effectively via suggestions and advice has also been rolled out.
- Free audio tracks that creators can utilise to make their videos more engaging, and also, artists can now have a share in revenue from the cover songs they make.
- Royalty free sound effects along with the audio tracks already available.
- Fan created captions which will make it easier to localise popular videos.
- Direct creator fan – funding on YouTube.
With all these new features being developed by the google owned company, youtube content creators can now rejoice, because making money off youtube has never been easier!