What’s new in the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus?
In a packed house at the Flint Center, Cupertino, Apple unveiled the latest edition of their flagship iPhone. The new iPhone comes in two sizes – iPhone 6 (4.4 inches), iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inches). In 2010, Apple’s former CEO Steve Jobs had said that “no-one’s going to buy” a phone that can’t be used with a single hand. However, that clearly doesn’t seem to apply since Google and Samsung, Apple’s biggest rivals, are doing well selling over sized phones.
The new iPhone 6 tagline is “Bigger than bigger” and the phone sticks true to its tagline. The iPhone 5S was 4 inches, while the iPhone 6 is 4.7 inches and the iPhone 6 Plus is 5.5 inches. We list the other features that stand out in the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- Display: The display is not only bigger, but is also better with iPhone 6 – 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi; iPhone 6 Plus – 1920-by-1080-pixel resolution at 401 ppi
- Both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have display zoom.
- Processor: The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus both have Apple’s faster A8 processor
- OS: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will both use the iOS 8
- Camera: Primary: Both the phones will have an 8 mp camera with optical image stabilization, they can take a panorama up to 43 mp
- Video Recording: The new iPhones will have cinematic video stabilization and continuous autofocus
- NFC: Yes
- Apple Pay: The latest iPhones will have the Apple Pay feature, where you can make payments for goods and services at the touch of a button on your iPhone.
Apart from the flagship iPhone 6, Apple also launched a new product – Apple Watch – which is the first new device launched since the iPad that was launched 4 and a half years ago. The US based tech giant has partnered with the 3 biggest credit card issuing companies – Visa, Master Card and American Express – to launch its new service called Apple Pay.
Other Photos – Apple